Network Goal & Objectives
The Goal of the network is to sensitize and mobilize communities in the County to play an active role in the formulation of policies and legislations that may be formulated at both the county and national levels of governance to shape the way natural resources will be managed.
In support of promoting the Networks’ Core Values, KCNRN’s objectives are:
- To Network and collaborate with other stakeholders relevant to the field of Natural Resources Management issues.
- To promote sustainable management and utilization of Kwale County Natural resources.
- Working with both County & Central government on Natural Resources Management issues.
- To support the review and formulation of natural resources and other related laws/regulations affecting the County and their implementation.
- Promote and enhance Information sharing between its members and the government on Natural Resources Management issues.
- To enhance the capacity of the Network on Natural Resources Management issues.
Existence of Network as a strong civil society organization in Kwale County has ensured community participation in decision making on issues affecting Natural Resources in Kwale County through a formal engagement of County Government and other Stakeholders. Strong CSOs will ensure the County governments and communities are focused in decisions in planning and policies formulation